Zoom Breakout Rooms
Breakout Rooms allow you to seamlessly split your Zoom meeting into separate breakout sessions (small groups). Breakout rooms can be useful for facilitating group work, group discussion and collaboration. The meeting host can move between breakout rooms, to monitor activity and answer questions as needed. As host, you can group participants into these separate sessions in advance and or during the session. It can be done automatically or manually, and can go between sessions at any time.
Breakout rooms allow you to split your Zoom meeting in up to 50 separate section / rooms (200 participants or less). The meeting host can choose to split the participants of the meeting into these separate sessions in advance, automatically or manually.
- Enabling Breakout Rooms - Required Setting
- Zoom Breakout Room Limitations
- Creating Breakout Rooms - Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- More on Creating Breakout Rooms (Click the Windows | Mac accordion at the bottom of page)
- Moving Between Breakout Rooms as Host
- Pre-Assign Students / Participants to Breakout rooms
- Recovering / Restoring Pre-Assigned Breakout Rooms
- Participating in Breakout Rooms & Limitations