Audiovisual and media production
The Audiovisual and Media Production unit supports teaching and learning at the School of Medicine, The Detroit Medical Center and the Detroit community with professional audio, video, digital and creative services; to comply with design standards set forth with campus identity guidelines; to utilize state-of-the-art technology which will provide faculty, staff and students with cutting edge techniques for education and research.
Audio-Visual Support/ Equipment Setup and Reservations Requests
Equipment Set-up, Requests and Training (including but not limited to: LCD data/video projectors, video players/monitor units, laptop computer and conferencing phone systems).
- Equipment Reservation Request (Form with checklist)
- Equipment Reservation Request (Email)
- Equipment Training Request
- Classroom & Lecture Hall Technician Support
- Conference Rooms (Room Request)
- Graduate Class Rooms (Room Request)
Media Production Requests/Studio Facility & Services
- Basic lighting kit
- Digital camera
- Editor and equipment
- Microphone/ Sound Input
- Mixing, editing, narration and music
- Recording (studio or location)
- Video animation
- Video editing & duplication (CD, DVD, VHS, Digital)
- Audio production
- Distance & Video Conferencing
- Instructional Videos/ Reusable Learning Objects
- Prerecord Lectures
- Recording and Streaming
- Town Halls
Maintenance and Support
Frequently asked questions
Answers to the most commonly asked questions can be found here. If there is question you have and it's not on our list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How do I reserve audiovisual equipment?
Please send your written request (2 weeks minimum notice is preferred to guarantee staffing and equipment availability) by:
Information needed for reservations
The date(s), time, location and the type of equipment needed. You will be contacted upon receipt of request to confirm.
Can I get a digital file from a VHS video tape?
Please email email@example.com. An associate in Media Services will be happy to assist you.
If there are questions you have and they are not on our list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Cost & Payments
Producer/Director/Editor/Writer and production equipment $50/ hr. We accept the following forms of payment for services:
- Cash (exact change only please)
- Check (payable to Wayne State University)
- IRB's (single and standing)
NOTE: Some projects require more than one person. If services are beyond our 8:30 am to 5:00 pm hours, there will be an overtime charge of $75 per hour for Media Production services or Audio/Visual technician support.