Zoom Overview, Sign In & Set-Up
Wayne State has acquired a license for Zoom. Zoom is a cutting-edge cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set-up virtual videos and audio conferencing, record lectures, hold classes, small group activity sessions (breakouts), webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, interactive whiteboards, and other collaborative capabilities.
|Host meetings up to 24 hours in length. Up to 300 attendees per meeting.||Participants can join via computer, mobile app (iOS, Android), or phone call.||HD Video and Audio Exceptional clarity and quality for virtual and hybrid classes|
Enhanced collaboration features: One-click content sharing, chat features & digital whiteboarding.
|Session and activities recording to allow students to learn at their own pace.|| |
|Video communications add value in education, read this white paper to find out more.|
Who is currently eligible for a WSU Licensed Zoom account?
- Licensed Zoom accounts are available for eligible Wayne State students, faculty, and staff.
- Students must be enrolled in at least one class during the previous three semesters.
- Faculty must have an active teaching assignment.
- Staff must be paid by Wayne State.
- Retirees, Guest AccessIDs, and GroupIDs are not eligible.
Zoom Sign-In & Set-Up
- If you have never created a Zoom account:
- If you have created a Zoom Account before using your WSU AccessID email (email@example.com) and password (before June 29, 2020) follow the below steps to update your account to the WSU Zoom License:
- Go to: https://zoom.us
- Select "Sign in with SSO" in the "Company Domain" box type "wayne-edu" and click "Continue"
- Login using your WSU AccessID email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- This will direct you to Academica for WSU authentication (if you're not logged in already) or to your Zoom account.
- You will be prompted to Update your Account Information.
- Select Consolidate into Account and click Continue.
- Follow the prompts.
- Zoom will create your licensed account within 24-48 hours.
- Your Zoom meetings will continue to be limited to 40 minutes until the account is updated.
- Periodically check your Zoom profile to confirm that the User Type is Licensed (not Basic),
- If your WSU Zoom account takes longer than 48 hours to update to "Licensed", please contact the C&IT Help Desk at (313) 577-Help.