The Personal computing section provides a starting point for Wayne State Medicine laptop and desktop computer users to purchase, maintain, configure, and secure their systems for use on the WSU network.
- The personal computer market has reached a point of maturity where it does not change drastically from year to year. In general, nearly any commercially available new computer today will run the applications Wayne State provides. Computers likely need to be replaced or upgraded every three to five years.
- Some colleges and programs at Wayne State may have higher specifications so your computer can run certain required applications. Please review the School of Medicine Laptop Requirement.
WSU offers several computer purchasing programs with reduced prices for both personal and departmental use. View WSU computer discounts.
C&IT Help Desk provides free and discounted software to current students, faculty, and staff for academic, departmental, and personal use. This service is operated with two goals in mind:
- To reduce the cost of desktop software that has universal interest through volume purchase agreements and site licensing
- To promote software anti-piracy and encourage patrons to comply with licensing requirements
- Get free & discounted software!
(WSU AccessID and Password Required)
- LockDown Brower
- Get your special free Microsoft Office for Students!
Tech 101 learn all about the tech services available for Wayne State students!
C&IT Help Desk